With an athletic background in disciplines including distance ocean paddling, surfing, kiteboarding and free diving, Kjell van Sice is both a representative of the ocean community and well-equipped for creating defining water and sports images both still and moving. At twenty-one years of age, the Hawaii-raised artist has editorial and advertisement work published in both domestic and international magazines and regularly collaborates with artists from a variety of mediums. His images and projects have also been affiliated with and shared by names such as the National Geographic Young Explorer's Grant, the Oceana conservation group and the Nikon Corporation. Although currently based in Pasadena, California where he majors in photography at the Art Center College of Design, Kjell also spends his time traveling to waters around the globe.
- The Kite Mag (issues 7 and 11)
- Trim Hawaii (issues 3 and 4)
- Seven Seas Magazine
- ADAMS Avue Magazine
- Sundays Magazine (issue 11)
- Waterski Magazine (vol. 38 no. 3)
- The Standup Journal (winter 2016)
- L'Express Maurice
- National Geographic October 2016 issue (no images, by project affiliation only)
- Belle et Toile + Kitaddict Mauritius
- Kanaka Ikaika Racing Association
- Stills photographer for ocean conservation documentary Vey Nou Lagon (http://www.veynoulagon.com)
- Seaborne, in collaboration with musical composer Garth Neustadter
- Contemporary Photography in Hawai'i 2014, presented by Pacific New Media and the Andrew Rose Gallery, Honolulu, HI
- Elemental Light, a nationally juried competition at the Alex Ferrone Gallery, New York (2017). Received Honorable Mention in jury awards.